What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders .
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
This website includes links to other websites. While we do our best to vet those sites for professionalism, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of those sites. Visitors should review those privacy policies when they enter the new website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
In accordance with PIPEDA, we only collect personally identifiable information that's necessary to communicate with customers, and potential customers, regarding their order. For more information on PIPEDA, visit this page: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-laws-in-canada/the-personal-information-protection-and-electronic-documents-act-pipeda/pipeda_brief/
According to PIPEDA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously, and we ensure all visitors that we have taken responsible steps to ensure any personal information that is shared remains under compliance of PIPEDA.
- We will identify the purpose for which we collect information before or at the time of collection.
- User knowledge and consent will be obtained prior to use or disclosure of personal information.
- We'll limit the collection of personal information to only what's necessary to conduct business.
- The information collected will only be used for the disclosed purposes on our site (unless we are required by law to share it).
- Information will be kept up to date and as accurate as possible.
- Safeguards are in place to protect personal information, and follow industry standards for appropriate security levels relative to the sensitivity of the information.
- Individuals may, upon request, be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information, and be provided that information. Individuals shall also be able to update the information as appropriate.
- If an individual wishes to challenge compliance to PIPEDA by our company, those complaints will be immediately forwarded to the responsible party within Northern Container Sales, and be responded to promptly.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By chatting with us or sending us a help-desk ticket
Information that Crosses Borders
Northern Container Sales, Inc. is co-owned by Railbox Consulting, LLC (dba Western Container Sales), and some of our technology is managed by Railbox. Because of this, some information will be visible to employees such as database administrators, webmasters, and members of Railbox Consulting's executive management in the United States. This information will be held to the PIPEDA compliance standards, and will not be shared with additional parties within the United States or beyond.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking. This is done to improve the usability of our site, and includes practices such as heat mapping (which tracks the frequency and page location of clicks by all users on a page).
Our website is intended for anyone who wants to buy a shipping container, rent a storage container, or just learn more about containers. The content on our website is appropriate for all ages, and we do not specifically market to children under 13.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Northern Container Sales, Inc.
88 Queens Quay West, Suite 2500
Toronto, ON M5J 0B8
Telephone: (800) 925-2515
Email: [email protected]orthernContainerSales.ca